Midsummer Combinatorial Workshop XIX
July 29 - August 2, 2013, Prague
List of lectures
We kindly ask all speakers to send us a short note with overview of their talk. The note should be written in standard (La)TeX. The lenght should be one to two A4 pages.
Please, send your note as soon as possible (not later than 30. 8. 2013) to Dušan Knop (knop at kam.mff.cuni.cz). All notes will be published in KAM-DIMATIA Series.
The workshop continues the tradition of Prague Combinatorial Workshops held since 1993. Oriented on problems of all fields of graph theory, combinatorics and discrete geometry, it will continue in the spirit and informal working atmosphere of the previous meetings.
The workshop takes place at DIMATIA and the Department of Applied Mathematics of Charles University, Malostranske namesti 25, Prague 1, which is located in a historic building in the center of Old Prague. The workshop is also supported by Computer Science Institute of Charles University.
The workshop participation is by invitation only. If in doubt please contact organizers. In case you need an invitation letter (for example for your visa), please let us know and we will be happy to write one for you.
The accommodation and part of the meals are provided by the organizers. We will collect a modest fee of EUR 70 towards the expenses.
The program will be determined from day to day. The afternoons are reserved for discussions and other program. If you intend to give a talk, please let us know few days in advance so that we may schedule Monday program.
The workshop starts every day in the morning at 9:30, there will be up to 5 roughly 30 minute talks and a coffee break roughly at 10:30. The morning program ends before 1 p.m. and is followed by a lunch. Afternoons are reserved for individual discussions and problem solving.
The schedule of the Tuesday – Friday talks will be decided on Monday, you are welcome to give (preferably a problem-oriented) talk. Only the title is required, the abstracts will be collected afterwards for the workshop booklet. We will also collect transparencies (if any).
The registration starts on Monday at 9:00 in the hallway of 2nd floor, just in front of lecture room S5. The talks will begin around 9:30 in S5. If you arrive later, please register with Mrs. Nana Giorgadze (KAM and IUUK secretary, room 222).
On Wednesday afternoon, there will be an awesome social event. We will visit the Klementinum library, see the map of important places.
All e-mail correspondence concerning the workshop (e.g. registration and accommodation booking) should be directed to email@example.com.
Senior organizers: Jan Kratochvíl, Jaroslav Nešetřil, Pavel Valtr
Junior organizer: Dušan Knop
AccommodationWe have reserved accommodation in the following hotels:
- Hotel Ceska katolicka charita (Vzdelavaci institut), Machova 7, Google maps, Subway station Namesti miru, tram station Jana Masaryka.
- Hotel UK Karolinum, Celetna 14, Google maps
- Hotel AMU, Trziste 18, Google maps
Travel info (public transport)
For the public transportation you can buy a 90-minute ticket for 32 CZK or 30-minute for 24 CZK in a newsstand or in a vending machine. You have to validate it (in a magic yellow validating machine with a shining arrow) as you enter the (first) tram or bus or as you enter the subway zone.
For connection searching, use site http://www.dpp.cz. Stop of the department is Malostranske namesti, the Prague airport is Terminal 2 and the main train station is Hlavni nadrazi.
- From airport to Ceska katolicka charita take bus number 119 to Dejvicka station (last stop). Go by subway A (green line) to the station Namesti Miru.
- From Ceska katolicka charita to department go to the tram station Jana Masaryka and take the bus number X-22 to the stop I P Pavlova and then transfer to the tram number 22 and continue to the stop Malostranske namesti.
- From airport to Karolinum take bus number 119 to Dejvicka station (last stop). Go by subway A (green line) to the station Staromestska.
- Karolinum to the department, take subway line A (or tram 18) from Staromestska to Malostranska and from there go one stop by tram 12, 20 or 22 to Malostranske namesti.
- From airport to AMU and to the department, take bus number 119 to Dejvicka station (last stop). From there take subway (line A) to Malostranska and from there go one stop by tram 12, 20 or 22 to Malostranske namesti.
- Hotel AMU is located in walking distance from the department.
Modified: 26. 08. 2013