Papers of M. Klazar
Files below may differ somewhat fom the published versions. They can be
downloaded only for personal noncommercial use of teaching and
Questions and comments are appreciated.
coauthors: Radek Adamec, Michael
Albert , Mike
Atkinson , Jason
P. Bell , Stefan Gerhold, Vít Jelínek, Tomáš Kaiser , Florian Luca ,
Adam Marcus , Jan
Němeček , Pavel Valtr
enumerative combinatorics: 6,
8, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 35,
36, 40, 41.
extremal combinatorics: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 13, 14, 17,
18, 20, 27, 28, 36, 39.
number theory: 23, 26, 32, 34,
power series and generating functions:
16, 19, 21, 25, 26, 29, 40.
well quasiorderings: 3, 9, 30.
in Mathematical Reviews
- A general upper bound in extremal theory of sequences, Comment.
Math. Univ. Carolinae 33 (1992), 737-747; abstract
(only paper reprints available)
- (with R. Adamec and P. Valtr) Generalized Davenport-Schinzel
sequences with linear upper bound, Discrete Math. 108
(1992), 219-229; abstract
(only paper reprints available)
- Two results on a partial ordering of finite sequences, Comment.
Math. Univ. Carolinae 34 (1993), 697-705; abstract
- (with P. Valtr) Generalized Davenport-Schinzel sequences, Combinatorica
14 (1994), 463-476; abstract
- A linear upper bound in the extremal theory of sequences, J.
Combin. Theory, Ser. A 68 (1994), 454-464; abstract
- On abab-free and abba-free set partitions, Europ. J.
Combinatorics 17 (1996), 53-68; abstract
- Extremal functions for sequences, Discrete Math. 150
(1996), 195-203; abstract
, ps, pdf
- Twelve countings with rooted plane trees, Europ. J.
Combinatorics 18 (1997), 195-210; abstract
(the picture is missing in the pdf file). Addendum, ibidem 18
(1997), 739-740; ps , pdf
- On well quasiordering of finite languages, Discrete Math. 163
(1997), 81-88; abstract
, ps , pdf
- Combinatorial aspects of Davenport-Schinzel sequences, Discrete
Math. 165/166 (1997), 431-445; abstract
- On numbers of Davenport-Schinzel sequences, Discrete Math. 185
(1998), 77-87; abstract
(two pictures are missing in the pdf file). Included in Editors
choice 1998 of Discrete Mathematics.
- On trees and noncrossing partitions, Discrete Appl. Math. 82
(1998), 263-269; abstract
(the picture is missing in the pdf file)
- Extremal problems for colored trees and Davenport-Schinzel
sequences, Discrete Math. 197/198 (1999), 469-482; abstract
- On the maximum lengths of Davenport-Schinzel sequences. In: R.
Graham, J. Kratochvíl, J. Nesetril and F. S. Roberts (editors), Contemporary
Trends in Discrete Mathematics, AMS, Providence, 1999; pp.169-178; abstract
- Comments on a result of Trotter and Winkler in combinatorial
probability (extended abstract). In: A. Sali, M. Simonovits and V. T.
Sós (editors), Paul Erdös and his Mathematics, Research
communications of the conference held in the memory of Paul Erdös,
Budapest, Hungary, July 4-11, 1999, János Bolyai Mathematical
Society, Budapest, 1999; pp. 127-129; abstract
- Counting pattern-free set partitions I: A generalization of
Stirling numbers of the second kind, Europ. J. Combinatorics 21(2000),
- The Füredi-Hajnal conjecture implies the Stanley-Wilf
conjecture. In: D. Krob, A. A. Mikhalev and A. V. Mikhalev
Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics, Springer, Berlin, 2000;
pp. 250-255; abstract
- Counting pattern-free set partitions II: Noncrossing and
hypergraphs, Electr. J. Combinatorics 7 (2000), R34, 25
- Non P-recursiveness of numbers of matchings or linear chord
diagrams with many crossings, Adv. Appl. Math. 30 (2003),
- Generalized Davenport-Schinzel sequences: results, problems, and
applications, Integers 2 (2002), A11, 39 pages; abstract
- Counting even and odd partitions, Amer. Math. Monthly 110,6(2003),
- (with J. Nemecek) A bijection between nonnegative words and
sparse abba-free partitions, Discrete Math. 265 (2003),
Included in Editors
choice 2003 of Discrete Mathematics.
- (with F. Luca) On some arithmetic properties of polynomial
expressions involving Stirling numbers of the second kind, Acta
Arith. 107 (2003), 357-372; abstract
- (with T. Kaiser) On growth rates of hereditary permutation
classes, Electr. J. Combinatorics 9 (2) (2003),
R10, 20 pages; abstract
- Bell numbers, their relatives, and algebraic differential
equations, J. Combin. Theory, Ser. A 102 (2003),
, ps , pdf
- (with F. Luca) On integrality and periodicity of the Motzkin
numbers, Aequationes Mathematicae 69 (2005), 68-75; abstract
, ps .
- Extremal problems for ordered (hyper)graphs: applications of
Davenport-Schinzel sequences, European J. of Combinatorics 25 (2004), 125-140; arXiv:math.CO/0305037
- Extremal problems for ordered hypergraphs: small patterns and
some enumeration, Discrete Appl. Math. 143 (2004)
- (with M.H. Albert and M.D. Atkinson) The enumeration of simple
permutations, J. of Integer Sequences 6 (2003),
03.4.4, 18 pages; arXiv:math.CO/0304213
- On the least exponential growth admitting uncountably many
permutation classes, Theor. Comput. Sci. 321 (2004) 271-281; arXiv:math.CO/0307399
- Counting set systems by weight, Electr. J. Combinatorics
(1) (2005), article R11, 8 pages; arXiv:math.CO/0404217
obsahují libovolně dlouhé aritmetické posloupnosti , Pokroky
matematiky, fyziky a astronomie 49
no. 3 (2004) 177-188. [The primes contain arbitrarily
arithmetic progressions. In Czech. A survey of the breakthrough
due to Ben Green and Terence Tao.] Translated to Catalan by Kepa
Uharte and Oriol Serra as Progressions aritmetiques de nombres primers,
Buttletí de la Societat Catalana
de Matem`atiques 21 no. 2 (2006)
- On identities concerning the numbers of crossings and
of two edges in matchings, SIAM J.
Discrete Math. 20 no. 4 (2006)
- (with F. Luca) On the maximal order of numbers in the
"factorisatio numerorum" problem, J. Number
Theory 124 no. 2 (2007)
- On growth rates of permutations, set partitions,
ordered graphs and other objects, Electr. J. Combinatorics 15
R75, 22 pages; arXiv:math.CO/0703047
- (with A. Marcus) Extensions of the
bound in the Füredi-Hajnal conjecture, Adv. Appl.
Math. 38 (2007) 258-266; arXiv:math.CO/0507164
- (with J. Bell, S. Gerhold and F. Luca) Non-holonomicity of
sequences defined via elementary functions, Annals of Combin. 12 no. 1 (2008) 1-16;
- (with coeditors J. Kratochvil, M. Loebl, J. Matousek, R. Thomas
and P. Valtr) Topics
in Discrete Mathematics. Dedicated to Jarik Nesetril on the Occasion of
his 60th Birthday , Springer 2006. We even got the prize of
rector of Charles University for this book.
- (with F. Luca) Counting Keith numbers, J. Integer Sequences 10 (2007) article 07.2.2, 10 pages;
- (with V. Jelínek) Generalizations of Khovanskii's theorems
on growth of sumsets in abelian semigroups, Adv.
Math. 41 (2008) 115-132; arXiv:0706.1092
- Overview of some general results in combinatorial
enumeration, Permutation Patterns. St Andrews 2007,
S. Linton, N. Ruskuc, and V. Vatter, Eds., vol. 376 of London
Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press,
2010, pp. 3-40; arXiv:0803.4292
- (with F. Havet, J. Kratochvíl, D.
Kratsch and M. Liedloff) Exact algorithms for L(2,1)-labelings of
graphs, Algorithmica 59 (2011) 169-194.
- (with V. Jelínek) Embedding dualities for set partitions and for
relational structures, European J. Combin. 32 (2011) 1084-1096.
M. Loebl and I. Moffatt), The Potts model and chromatic functions of
graphs, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré D 1 no. 1 (2014) 47-60; arXiv:1311.4348
last updated: February 2014