Photo by xax
Teaching summer term 2020-2021
- NMAI058 - Linear algebra 2
- Annotation, content
- Detailed syllabus by Jiří Matoušek
- Detailed syllabus - winter term by Jiří Matoušek
- Textbooks from library catalogue (including electronic) library catalogue
Topics that concern arithmetic vectors and matrices over real numbers are well covered by:
- Recommended reading: Jiří Matoušek: Thirty-three miniatures: mathematical and algorithmic applications of linear algebra.
- Videos and examples from lectures
- Videos and examples from lectures - winter term
- OneNote workbook
- Applications of linear algebra in practice
- Collection of solved exercises.
- Notes on the exam
- Notes on the exam - winter term
- In preson testing and examination is the preferred way. See
measures regarding the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the COVID-19 disease
(May 10) for details.
- Remote exams are reserved for those who are not in Prague.
Registration for remote exams and tests is in two steps:
Once a remote exam appointment is agreed, it cannot be cancelled.
Nonattendance will result in exam attempt loss.
- Send me an email including arguments for necessity to perform the exam in remote way.
If your photo is not in SIS, you may also send me scanned photo of your face to skip
identification with photo ID in the future.
- We negotiate an appointment for an extra zoom session to identify yourself,
test the equipment, and finalize the registration by choosing date and time.
- Instructions for remote tests and exams: Prepare and test your working environment so
If any these is violated, it cancels the attempt and results in attempt loss.
- The internet connection works for the whole time (approx. 2 hours for the
test, approx. 2-4 hours for the oral exam).
- Audio system works for both directions - microphone & speakers/headset.
- Video captures you: your head, upper half of body, both hands; and your
workplace: table, where you prepare your answers, monitor with the
assignment. A second camera is recommended for the face-to-face discussion.
- You can scan or capture by a camera your work and submit it by email.
- If your photo is not in SIS nor you have sent it earlier, prepare a photo ID to identify yourself.
- A sample test
- Past lectures
- NDMI077 - Algorithms for specific graph classes
- Office hours: on appointment.
See also my class schedule.
|| 1997 - 2000, Charles University - graduated at Doctor degree (PhD.) in 2000
|| 1991 - 1997, Charles University - graduated at Master degree (Mgr.) in 1997
|| since 2008, associate professor at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
|| 2000 - 2008, research and teaching assistant at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
|| 2001 - 2002, postdoc at University of Bergen, Norway
|| 2000 - 2001, postdoc at University of Kiel, Germany
|| 2012 - 2013, Fulbright fellow at University of Oregon, Eugene, U.S.A.
- Graph algorithms and their complexity
- Restricted graph classes - bounded width, topological restrictions, geometric intersection graphs
- Algebraic graph theory - homomorphisms and covering projections
- Graph coloring and distance labeling
- Hamiltonian properties
- Structure and Complexity of
Locally Constrained Graph Homomorphisms,
Habilitation Thesis, Charles University, 2007
- Locally injective homomorphisms,
Doctoral Thesis, Charles University, 2000
- Pokrývání grafů (Graph covers),
Master Thesis, Charles University, 1996 (in czech, recompiled from
the source so page/line breaks may differ from the original)
List of publications
Full list of publications (2018).
Majority of my papers (including bibliographic information) is available via
DBLP Bibliography Server.
For citation reports see my records at
Preprints are freely available in KAM-DIMATIA series
and ITI series.
Below are my papers that are not available via DBLP:
- Graph minors, decompositions and algorithms,
gradually updated version, published formerly as ITI Series 2003-132
Course instructors, write me for a version with all solutions.
(If some images aren't displayed properly, use the Adobe Reader, rather than a browser plugin.)