27th International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization
The 27th International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization will be organized by Charles University - Faculty of Mathematics and Physics in cooperation with Mathematical Institute AS CR from September 17 to 20, 2019 in Průhonice/Prague, Czechia.
Researchers and practitioners working on any aspect of graph drawing and network visualization are invited to contribute papers and posters and to participate in the symposium and the graph drawing contest.
Graph Drawing is concerned with the geometric representation of graphs and constitutes the algorithmic core of Network Visualization.
Graph Drawing and Network Visualization are motivated by applications where it is crucial to visually analyze and interact with relational datasets. Examples of such application areas include data science, social sciences, Web computing, information systems, biology, geography, business intelligence, information security and software engineering.
GD has been the main annual event in this area for more than 25 years. Its focus is on combinatorial and algorithmic aspects of graph drawing as well as the design of network visualization systems and interfaces.
In 2019, the conference will be back in the Prague region after 20 years, honouring scientific achievements of Jan Kratochvíl.
Why to come to GD'19
Here is a few reasons why to submit and come to Graph Drawing 2019:
● three invited speakers
● pre-conference PhD school (with no fee)
● traditional graph drawing contest
● free online Proceedings in LNCS
● papers available online before the conference
● journal invitation for selected papers (JGAA, TVCG)
● affordable conference fee
● support for students and women
● Prague downtown within reach by public transport
● beautiful Průhonice park (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
● unique dendrological gardens
● affordable high-quality accommodation
● quiet location with nice neighborhood outside of the city
● pleasant weather
● best beer in the world